General House Keeping
To keep our gardens pristine and in working order, we do have guidelines in place to keep them looking nice. These are put in place to make sure that others who come will receive the same, pleasant experience as others before them have had.
Upright Headstones and Markers
- Upright headstones, or upright markers, are restricted to specific gardens that are reserved for upright monuments.
- All other gardens will allow only flat, grass markers.
- No garden will contain a mixture of upright and flat markers.
- These guidelines are set in place to maintain the beauty and order of our gardens and help to ensure a calming, pleasant experience.
As of Sept. 30, 2018: The following rules will take affect.
- Pet graves are to be dug by Roselawn Personnel ONLY.
- Headstones are to be made of Non-Degradable materials, and MUST be approved by Roselawn Personnel.
- All broken, unsightly, and deteriorating items will be removed.
- Small spaces are 2ftx2ft, and Large spaces are 2ftx4ft. Limit all memorials to your grave space.
- In order that the cemetery may always be presented as neat and orderly an appearance as possible, we like to ask that you keep large flower arrangements and baskets limited to holidays,such as; Memorial Day, Mother's/Father's Day, Christmas, etc.
- Large arrangements and baskets will be removed by grounds keepers after 60 days.
- We strive to make sure that headstones are kept clean and presentable. For this reason, we do not allow concrete vases or statuary due to their inability to withstand time and the outdoor elements.
- During mowing season, we ask that all flowers and arrangements be contained to vases and markers so that grounds keepers can mow and maintain the gardens.
*We require that all photos posted of any Graves, Markers, or Memorials be cleared with the office administrators.
*If there are any questions regarding our Rules and Regulations please call our office, or for an extended list of all Rules and Regulations, please click here for a printable version.
Melanie Massey (Owner):
Joey Godwin (Secretary):
Denise Gebhart (Assistant):
451 Hwy 151 N
P.O Box 86
Calhoun, LA 71225
9:00 - 5:00 Mon - Fri
Sat & Sun By Appointment Only
Gates are open between
6 am - 6 pm